Thursday, July 1, 2010

Kate Quotes - starting and ending with baboons

Here's a list of random things Kate's said over the last year. She's wise and funny.

"I won't be able to dance with a baboon at prom. I'll be busy dancing with monkeys."

"If you want a boy to know that you want him to love you, you just kiss him and then he knows that you want to be his princess. His mom will yell at you, but he will love you and then he will marry you and buy you a lot of stuff."


I told Kate I was going to the bathroom and she jumped up saying, "Want to go to a spa bathroom?" Sure. She proceeded to talk in what I think was a British accent and conduct me into the bathroom, turning on the light and lifting the lid for me. She wished me well and closed the door as she left. When I came out, she was waiting with sanitizer and kept calling me, "Darling."

"You have to stay on the right path in life. On the other path there are dragons and trout."


"This woman married a boy who was rich because she thought it would be nice to have everything. But, he was really mean and made her do all the chores alone and yelled at her all the time. She tricked him into hating her so that he would move away and leave her with all the money. And then she married her true love who was her boyfriend all along."


Kate sang the blues and played her harmonica all the way home in the car. Cute and loud. Some lyrics, "And his name was pants. And that's a weird name. Blub, blub."


Kate said, "I can't sleep because Walter's playing his tuba too loud." (Walter is her stuffed llama.)


I told Kate to finish up her orange slices because it was almost time for bed. She said, "I can't make any promises."


I said, "Kate, you are getting so good and dressing yourself everyday." Kate said, "Can I drive the car now?"


When Rachel doesn't do what Kate wants, Kate says, "Rachel, it's in the Sister Manual. You have to do it. It says right here." And she points at an imaginary manual.


Today Kate decided to become a picky eater. She never has been before, but today she was picky and only picking things we didn't have. I said, "What happened to you? When did you become a picky eater?" Kate said, "My teachers broke me. They didn't know how to use me correctly and now I'm broken." Then she proceeded to argue and do the opposite of what I asked all day - blaming those darn teachers for breaking her.


Kate was watching TV in my parent's room and she came out and said to my mom, "I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I spilled popcorn all over your bed. Wait. No. That's the bad news. The good news is that I found a nickel."


"I hope when I have a baby it's either a girl or a boy." Always thinking.


Kate's teacher told me that Kate and another girl were playing house. Kate said to her friend, "Let's pretend to be evil babysitters." The teacher said, "What did you say?" Kate said, "Llamas. I said we should be llamas." The teacher said, "You aren't in trouble. I just wanted to know what you said." Kate said, "Oh. Evil babysitters. I said we should be evil babysitters."


"I want to be a rockstar. Or a baboon."

3 comments:

  1. OH LOOK! you wrote a blog post as a gift for me! thanks jennifer! you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More quotes by Kate:
    The teacher asked what the students would like to learn. Kate said, "How to protect worms."

    I said, "I think its lost for good." Kate asked, "What's good about it? If its lost, that's not good."

    Kate's new year's resolution: "Don't get any cuter."

    Kate called me "Bannana Foot." I asked why. She said, "Big Foot was already taken."

    They were talking about Columbus and teacher asked what each student would like to explore. They answered places. Kate answered, "Inside a peanut."

    Kate had her first jaw breaker. She liked it. I told her what its called. She said, "That's a harsh name."

    ReplyDelete
  3. More Quotes from Kate...

    Kate says, "Thanks for saving my life." I ask why she said that. She says, "Its my new catch phrase."

    I told Kate to get her shoes, coat, & not argue. She said, "Sound like I need a good lawyer."

    I said to Kate, "You have warm hands." She said, "And a warm personality too."

    In Sunday school they did a mother's day craft. Kate said, "This will be delightful for anyone who isn't an orphan."

    Kate was showing my parents how to draw something and neither of them did it "right." She said, "You are a perfect couple because you are both failures."

    Kate said, "Walter, you will knock her socks off. Oh. Note to self: get Erica some socks." (Walter is her stuffed llama and Erica is his llama wife. She was dressing them for a night out.)

    Kate wanted to play Jenga. I said to wait while I clean up dinner. Kate said, "I'll just dance in an Irish way while I wait." And she did. Sort of.

    "Over my dead bunny!"

    Kate says, "My hobbies are breathing and watching TV."

    Kate wants to play Hide & Seek with Nikita (our cat). She says, "I certainly know which part I'll be playing! That cat is no good at doing the seek."

    Kate says that "Arg" is Pirate talk for Hello, Goodbye, Peace, Welcome, and Come In. She said, "It's like Shalom for Pirates."

    Kate had a little cold. She said, "This cold is agitating me."

    "Early to bed makes a lady smart, pretty, and rich." I tried to tell her the more common phrase. She said, "What are you talking about?"

    ReplyDelete